Advertising is one of the best effective promotional tools used to increase sales. From time to time, the technology for advertising is increasingly sophisticated. Currently there is an advertorial advertising concept that offers products of goods or services in a subtle way. Actually this advertising concept has been known for decades as a creative form of marketing advertising.
But now the type of advertorial advertising is getting more popular. This advertorial advertisement has been increasingly used by professional business people to lure the market in a more refined way. In fact, more and more emerging advertorial ad writing service providers to meet the needs of business people. Get to know advertorial ads more fully so that you are easier to develop the right marketing strategy .
Characteristics, Terms, and Types of Advertisements
Before discussing about the types of advertisements, you should know what the characteristics and terms of making an advertisement are. Advertising has several prominent features, including the choice of words used is very interesting, precise, logical, and polite. The choice of words used has suggestions for the general public. The choice of words used emphasizes information that is important, and the choice of words that are used right shows the target. While the ad requirements, including being objective and honest, clear and easy to understand, do not offend others, and of course must attract the attention of many people.
Advertisements can be distinguished based on several things, such as advertisements based on the media used, and advertisements based on their purpose. Advertising based on the media used consists of print advertising, and electronic advertising. While advertising based on its purpose, can be divided into commercial advertising, tactical advertising, and strategic advertising.
Advertorial advertising is a form of advertising that is presented in a journalistic style. This advertorial comes from two words in English, namely Advertising and Editorial. Advertising is the presentation of material persuasively to the public through mass media with the aim of promoting goods or services. While the editorial is a statement about opinion which is the official attitude of the editor.
The main purpose of advertorial advertising is to introduce and promote an activity, product, or service from the company to the general public. While the main function is for escorts, translators, as well as ad interpreters in the mass media. Usually in making advertorial advertisements, there are two promotional focuses that can be developed, namely:
- Promotion of company activities, such as community service activities or even gathering events . This is done to show the intensity of the company in carrying out community service functions or even to show how many clients or customers of the company.
- Product promotion, such as information about certain properties of product content, problems that often arise in the community and resolved thanks to these products, or much more. Directly, this advertisement leads readers to assume that the product is indeed quality, efficacious and the best solution.
Types and Characteristics of Advertorial Ads
Advertorial ad types are distinguished based on the message material conveyed in writing, namely advertorial products, advertorial services, corporate advertorials or companies, and government advertorials. Product advertorial, discuss what products you want to present to the public. Advertorial services, providing services offered to the general public. While the corporate advertorial or company, in its writing discusses the existence and activities of a company or agency concerned. And advertorial government discusses activities in the field of government or the potential of a region. Advertorial properties consist of:
- Informative, that is, advertising has the nature of telling or introducing products, services, and activities offered. This informative advert uses a straight news style .
- Explanative, which is to explain and describe products, services, and activities directly.
- Interpretive, namely the nature of interpreting information on products, services, and activities carried out by giving a number of comments or information.
- Persuasive, which is to persuade the general public to follow what is desired by the author or advertiser.
- Influent, which is to encourage the action of the general public and direct the emergence of an action.
- Praising, which is to give praise for the information provided so that the general public becomes easily interested.
- Argumentative, which is to prove something by giving analytical arguments and descriptions.
- Explorative, which is to express and explain in depth the information provided to the general public.
Tips for Making an Advertorial Ad Concept
Here are some guidelines for conceptualizing an advertorial ad that you can try.
- Usually news or advertorial articles are deliberately written to be intermittent information in a blog, magazine, newspaper, or other content. Therefore, the advertorial format must be lightweight, not prolonged with a not too dense discussion. If the writing that is presented is too dense and heavy, then the main message from the advertorial will not be conveyed properly. And in the end the reader will only be confused by the writing material.
- This type of advertisement must be made or written in a format like a news or article. You also need to convey information sincerely to make the reader get information about the benefits, benefits and other important information. In addition, advertorial must also be presented with a writing style that makes the reader not aware that the writing is merely advertising.
- It’s best to avoid using the marketing language directly. Direct marketing language full of frontal inducements such as “get it right away” or “buy now” and the like, is not a proper language in an advertorial. All you need to do is steal the reader’s attention with a title that makes them think that the article you made will be full of information and can lead readers’ opinions explicitly to like the product or company concerned with a slightly arousing closure.
Advantages of Advertorial Advertising as a Marketing Strategy
- Preferably because it seems not to patronize the reader about a product or other important information.
- Can give a more convincing impression to the reader because the advertisement is written with attention to journalistic rules. So the way that is used to lead readers is with persuasive language, such as describing examples of real experiences or facts in the field.
- This type of advertisement has greater potential in achieving sales targets .
- The costs for making this type of advertising tend to be cheaper than displayads .
Advertorial ad types present different things in advertising because they are made in the form of editorial writings or articles published in print media, journals, or websites . With the use of advertisements like this, readers will be easier to receive information like reading articles, even though what they read is covert advertising. Advertising messages that are conveyed subtly and indeed are often not realized by the reader.
Advertorial is indeed quite interesting for you to make as one of the marketing strategies. Developing the right marketing strategy is very important to support your company’s progress. In addition, you have to apply good financial management. The journal provides a safe and reliable online accounting softwareservice . Now you can use it to further support the company’s success. With the help of Journals, the company’s financial management processes such as bookkeeping, administration and company operations will be easier and save time.